Terms of Service for Private Commissions
If you have a problem with any of these statements, they may be changed if discussed with me prior to paying for your commissioned piece.
1. GENERAL TERMS
- All drawings will include a subtle signature that you may not remove.
- I might stream the drawing process on my twitch channel if I can/want to do so.
- Prices are subject to change based on demand.
- I have the right to reject any order for any reason.
- All payments must be paid through Ko-fi or PayPal.
- Commissions through PayPal can be paid either 100% upfront or split 50% upfront and 50% after sketch approval. Ko-fi commissions must be paid 100% upfront.
- Do NOT send a payment through PayPal before I have agreed to give you a slot and requested you to send me the payment.
3. PROCESS AND DELIVERY
- Once I have received your commission request and confirmed that I am willing to work on it, I will add it to my commission queue and send a confirmation email.
- I will notify you when I have started on your commission and you, therefore, lose the rights to a refund (see point 7 further below for more info on refunds).
- While I'm working on your commission I will make reviews with you to make sure I make it just right for you!
- The amount of reviews depends on the complexity of the work.
- During the reviews, you will see work-in-progress and these images will usually include a watermark and be smaller than the finished piece.
- The time it takes to finish your commission varies 1 week - 3 months depending on factors such as health, the complexity of the commissioned piece, and other unknown factors.
- If anything comes up that will slow the progress of the initially estimated delivery time I will let you know asap.
- Once the piece is finished you will receive the full-resolution image along with a web-friendly size. Note that there is no physical product. Depending on where you live, we can arrange to print your artwork. Just ask :)
- A fee will be added if you want something changed on the final drawing - unless, of course, a misunderstanding from my side has been made.
- If you wish for me to change something in the drawing you have previously approved, I will charge you a fee to change it. The amount of the extra charge depends on the change you want me to make and is usually based on an hourly wage.
- If your reference is unclear to start with changes will come at an extra charge.
5. COPYRIGHT / USAGE POLICY
- I, the artist, claim the rights to the produced drawing, not the buyer. Therefore I am allowed to use the copyrighted artwork to:
- Promote myself with it everywhere
- Publish books with it (artbooks, etc.)
- Display it everywhere to my liking (website, social media, etc.)
- Post it wherever I want
- The buyer is allowed to:
- Use the commissioned piece for personal use unless agreed otherwise (you can upload it on all your social media profiles, forums, etc.)
- Print the artwork and claim the character(s) as their own, but not the artwork itself.
- Use the artwork to promote themselves. You are not forced to give me credit when you post it but it is very appreciated.
- Use the artwork on in monetized videos as long as the artwork itself is not the main subject for the earnings.
- The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially - means making money off it in any way.
- Claiming the artwork as your own
- Removing my signature from the artwork
- Altering the artwork without my consent
- I reserve the full rights to the image and it's use/distribution unless otherwise agreed upon (rights to the image for your own non-personal use may be purchased at any time).
6. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
- I will do everything I can to make my customers happy!
- If you have a problem with anything in regards to the commissioned piece please tell me right away so we can find a solution together.
- I am willing to change some of my terms for you if you ask before I start on your commission. If you, e.g., do not want me to post the commissioned art anywhere, we can discuss this.
7. REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY
- The buyer is not allowed a refund once I started working on the commission.
- If for any reason I am unable to start your commission you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your order before I started it, you can get a full refund.
If the buyer breaks any of the points stated above they will lose all the beforementioned rights to the artwork commissioned by me, Nadia Axel (the artist), and I will have the right to profit further from the commissioned artwork in any way I see fit. If you have a problem with any of these statements, they may be changed if discussed with me prior to paying your commissioned piece.
What do you get?
- Drafts/mockups that you must decide which one I should continue with (depending on the complexity of the commission there might be fewer or more drafts)
- Sketch and/or final sketches that you must accept before I continue the work
- Insight and involvement in color plan (depending on the complexity of the commissioned piece)
- Full-resolution file (varies based on commision type, see Commisions section) of final drawing and a smaller version for internet upload. Final file formats are usually PNG.